Choose where the data goes to.
By default, it will put the data into a worksheet.
You can change it later to put it into a database or Google Spreadsheet.
Login to YouTube
Even if you are querying public YouTube channels, playlists, and videos, you still need to login.
If you do have your own channel, then you will be able to download YouTube Insights data.
Choose the date range
If you’re tempted to request a long period of time on a busy page, because engaged users and comments can take a long time to download. If you want a lot of data, then you’ll get it. If you are just exploring data downloads from YouTube, choose a short date range.
- Choose the kind of data that you want to download
- Paste the URL to the YouTube channel
- Click search
- Choose the correct YouTube page by clicking on them item (or items)
- Click Save
- Close the dialog box
Start the download by clicking Refresh Spreadsheet
After the download is complete, you can see it in an Excel worksheet
Want something easier? Try the pre-built spreadsheets!
Follow the instructions (above) but instead of clicking Refresh spreadsheet, try Refresh Data
- Click the checkbox for YouTube Public Channels
- Click the checkbox for “Open in Excel After” if you want that
- Click the green button, to start the downloads
When the downloads are complete, you’ll have a complete picture of the YouTube channel you chose earlier.